Sunday, November 21, 2010

Destination branding: a relay race.

Destination branding, it's not just about a good logo or the development of a slogan, it's about creating an image for a city, country or destination. Slovenia by example hopes to build awareness and sympathy for their destination by sports performances, such as Petra Majdic's Olymic performance or the appearance of the Slovenian Football team at the world championship in South Africa. But these are just events, destination branding is somewhat more, it's a process.

"Brand Ambassador", a term that struck me in the article. It made me realise that I myself am a Brand Ambassador for Belgium. The thought that while on vacation, people that might have never heard of Belgium, would determine their thoughts on Belgium on my behaviour struck me.

Sonny Selhorst

http://www.sloveniatimes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment